Gilbert Chandler Youth Football & Cheer Organization was founded in 1998. We are a Non-Profit ALL Volunteer Organization whose goals are to develop well-rounded boys & girls to learn the fundamentals of football and cheer as well as the importance of an education.
- We Participate in AYF's National Program honoring Academics/Athletes
- We are a Gilbert Coalition Member in good standing (Gilbert Town Council Recognized)
- Every Head Coach is approved and interviewed by the GCYFC Association Board of Directors.
- Background checks are conducted on every GCYFC Board Member, Heach Coach and all members of the team staff.
- GCYFC assures that a minimum of two members of every team staff are CPR certified.
- Lighted practice fields are provided for every GCYFC team.
- Helmets, Shoulder Pads, Leg Pads and Game Uniforms are provided as part of the registration fee.
- All games are officiated by AIA Referees.
- Paramedics are present at every game site.
- A minimum play rule that is strictly enforced at all games.
The GCYFC Mission:
The mission of GCYFC is to enable young people to benefit from participation in team sports and activities in a safe and structured environment. Through this active participation, GCYFC programs teach fundamental values, skills and knowledge that young people will use throughout their lives.
GCYFC seeks to provide fun athletic learning opportunities for children, while emphasizing the importance of academic success. Specifically, GCYFC seeks to familiarize players and spirit participants with the fundamentals of football and cheer. GCYFC strives to inspire youth, regardless of race, creed or national origin, to practice the ideals of sportsmanship, scholarship and physical fitness.
- To encourage and increase youth participation in football and cheer.
- To ensure a safe and positive playing environment for all participants.
- To instill life-long values of teamwork, dedication and a superior work ethic in the classroom and on the playing field.
- Everyone participates under mandatory rules of play.
- On-field coaching is allowed for younger age levels.
- Individual awards are given only for academic excellence, not for on-field activities.
Safe Playing Environment
- Players are matched by age and weight levels.
- There are strict mandatory equipment requirements.
- GCYFC provides Coaching Clinics and Risk Management Training.
- An enforced national rule book incorporates time-tested rules.
- A full-time executive staff supports all local associations and assists in sound policy creation